Volunteers are our partners in care, advocacy, and community building who contribute over 20,000 service hours to The Gathering Place each year. Our volunteers remind the women, children, and transgender individuals we serve that there are people in the larger community who care deeply about issues of equity, poverty, and homelessness. Moved by the struggle of thousands of women and children experiencing poverty or homelessness, our volunteers choose to engage in finding solutions and offering support.
We offer educational opportunities, long-term placements, student internships, and off-site options for both individuals and groups. Matching our needs with a volunteer’s gifts and sharing information about poverty and homelessness is the primary purpose of our volunteer process.
Our volunteers serve in many ways.
- Prepare and serve meals
- Tutor in the GED Program
- Greet and sign in clients at our Welcome Desk
- Event Management Services
- Engage children in our Family Program
- Assist clients as they shop for clothing in Bridget’s Boutique
- Organize and distribute items from our food bank, Betsy’s Cupboard
- Support clients accessing our Computer Lab
- Package cards and support artists in The Card Project
*Our weekly volunteers serve 2-5 hours each week, for a minimum 3-month commitment. For more information, contact Ashley Boland via email or 303-996-9028.
Episodic and/or group volunteers:
- Sponsor and prepare meals
- Help maintain our building
- Staff and support off-site events
- Organize donation drives for essential needs
- Join committees
- Facilitate card sales for The Card Project
- Engage in a short-term project
Interested in Volunteering?
The first step in our volunteer process is to attend our monthly Volunteer Welcome Tour. This tour will give you the opportunity to see us in action, learn about volunteer opportunities, pick-up a volunteer application, and let us answer any questions you have about how you might get involved.
Our Volunteer Welcome Tours take place on the first Tuesday of the month at 8:00am and third Thursday of the month at 4:00 p.m. To sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Welcome Tour, please complete the form below.