We realize that this period has led to immense uncertainty for furloughed federal workers and their families, as well as families dependent on benefits like SNAP. The Gathering Place, however, is a place of certainty; we would like to extend that to all women and transgender individuals affected by the federal government shutdown. We serve three meals a day and have a food pantry that our members can access.
If you are new to The Gathering Place, here is what to expect, as well as our procedures:
- Please note: we only serve women and transgender individuals.
- Come to our location at 1535 High Street, Denver, CO 80212. We do not require any identification. Go to the Welcome Desk and let them know you are new to us.
- Fill out the intake form. It is a short document.
- If you would like a meal, let the staff at the Welcome Desk know that you would like a meal ticket. We serve breakfast from 8:30-9:30 am, lunch from 11:30am-12:30pm, and a heavy snack from 3:30pm-4pm. You can also take a sack lunch; we stop giving out sack lunches at 11:30am.
- After you fill out your intake form, you can go to our Resource Desk. They can schedule a food pantry appointment and answer any additional questions you may have.
- Please note: we only serve women, transgender individuals, and their children. You must have custody of the children that you bring with you.
- Come to our location at 1535 High Street, Denver, CO 80212.
- Upon entering, immediately go to the third floor. There is an elevator right by the entrance.
- Go to the third floor desk to fill out the intake form. The desk will be immediately to your right as you exit the elevator.
- The third floor desk will help you with any additional resources you may need.
- Please know that while we have a childcare area, you must remain in the building if you children are here.
We hope that you find these resources helpful during this time.