Our Donation Policy
Due to the generous support of our donors and limited storage space, we only accept specific, prearranged in-kind donations. To learn more about our current needs and schedule a donation drop-off, please contact our in-kind donation team at email@example.com or 303-996-9076.
Thank you for your interest in donating to The Gathering Place. In-kind donations directly support our clothing closet, food pantry, case management program, family area, hygiene bank, and more. Our highest needs for these programs are clothing, seasonal items, baby items, and hygiene items.
To best serve our members, we do not accept any items that are stained, torn, or in need of cleaning or repair.
Consider supporting us through our Amazon Wish List, which stays up-to-date with our highest needs. Items purchased from our Amazon Wish List are shipped directly to our facility and ensure that our members receive high-quality and equitable products. Please note that you must be logged in to an Amazon account to access this list.
Items We Accept for Donation
Please be advised that while we appreciate every gift, we have limited storage space and staff capacity. We currently accept the items listed below for donation. If you would like to donate an item which is not listed, please email in advance to verify if we can make an exception for you. If you bring an item that we do not accept to our facility without prior communication, we will not accept it. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Toiletries, Hygiene, and Cosmetics
We accept unopened, unexpired toiletries in individual and full-size containers. Consider donating full-size items to support our Family Program.
- Body Wash
- Razors/Shaving Cream
- Toothbrushes (individual wrapping preferred)
- Dental Floss/Flossers
- Period Products (especially maxi pads!)
- Product for Black and/or textured hair
- Full-size makeup products
- Makeup testers
All baby items must be unopened and unexpired. Items not listed below may be accepted on a case-by-case basis by contacting our in-kind donations team in advance. Please note that we do not accept toys, clothing, or furniture—please reach out to WeeCycle as an alternative.
- Enfamil NeuroPro Infant Formula (Yellow)
- Enfamil NueroPro Gentlease Infant Formula (Purple)
- Similac Pro-Sensitive Infant Formula
- Similac Pro-Total Comfort Infant Formula
- SImilac Pro-Advance Infant Formula
- Similac NeoSure Infant Formula
- Diapers (sizes 4-6 only)
- Pull-Ups (sizes 2T-5T)
- Baby Wipes
- Children's Toothbrushes (individual wrapping preferred)
- Children's Toothpaste
- Baby Shampoo, Lotion, or Powder
We accept new and gently used adult clothing that is seasonally appropriate. Because most of our members get jobs in the service and labor industries, we prioritize comfortable casualwear such as jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Our Clothing Donation Acceptance Day takes place on the first Wednesday of every month from 11AM until 5PM. For more details, visit our Bridget's Boutique webpage.
Our special clothing needs include:
- sports bras (any size)
- bras (cup sizes A, B, C, and D)
- nurse's scrubs
- graduation gowns
- plus-size clothing of all kinds
- tennis shoes
- close-toed shoes
We do NOT accept the following items for donation:
- used socks
- used underwear
- children's clothing
- business professional clothing
- clothing that is more than ten years old
Our Case Management program accepts new and gently-used household items to support our members in the rehousing process. Having household items on hand for our members reduces the expensive burden of furnishing a new home and makes the space feel more welcoming and lived-in. Please note that all items must be in working, good condition—we will not accept items that are dirty, torn, or stained. If you would not feel comfortable giving someone your donation as a housewarming gift, it is not a good fit for our program.
Please be diligent about contacting our in-kind donations team in advance. Our facility has limited storage space and our case managers are often personally responsible for delivering furniture and home goods to their clients. Emailing us with information about your item's weight and dimensions will help ensure that we have the space to accept your donation and that our case managers will be able to transport the items. A photo is always helpful as well!
- Kitchen | pots and pans, silverware sets, dish sets, dish towels, crock pots and pressure cookers, glasses and mugs (*we cannot accept wine glasses, beer steins, shot glasses, etc.)
- Bathroom | bath and hand towels, bath mat (new only), shower curtains (new only), toilet paper, hand soap, toilet brush (new only)
- Bedroom | mattresses, bed frames, dressers, sheet sets (new only), comforters and duvets, pillows (new only)
- Living Room | televisions and video game consoles, lightweight art or decorative pieces, lamps (*please remove lightbulb)
- Furniture | coffee tables, bedside tables, chairs, bookshelves
Please note that all donations are drop-off only. We are unable to make any exceptions for a donation pickup. If you are in need of a donation pickup for furniture, please consider supporting the Denver Rescue Mission.
All items must be unopened and unexpired. Please keep in mind that many of our members may only have a microwave or no kitchen equipment at all. We have the greatest need for food that can be made without a stovetop or oven. Pop-top cans and items that can be opened with scissors are highly preferred!
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Meat
- Tuna/Chicken Pouches
- Meal-Maker Kits (i.e. hamburger helper, mac n' cheese, etc.)
- Granola or Protein Bars
- Oatmeal Packets
- Ready-Made Noodles (i.e. ramen, cup-o-noodles, rice-a-roni, etc.)
The following items are distributed through our Resource Desk, and are used to meet emergency needs of our members.
- New Sports Bras
- New Underwear (sizes 6-12)
- Reusable Shopping Bags
- Sleeping Bags
- New or Gently Used Backpacks or Duffels
- Seasonal Items
Host a Donation Drive
Thank you for your interest in hosting a donation drive to help the members of The Gathering Place! Before you get started, please contact our in-kind donations team at (303) 996-9076 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to discuss our current needs with you!
Though we appreciate every inquiry about our needs, please note that we cannot accept the following items:
- Items that are stained, torn, or in need of repair
- Used or expired cosmetic or hygiene items
- Diva cups and other reusable period products
- Hand sanitizer
- Fresh produce, refrigerated food, or prepared meals
- Used socks and/or underwear
- Business/professional attire
- Children's clothing, toys, or stuffed animals
- Paraphernalia suited for alcohol, marijuana, etc.
- Any item that names or depicts a brand of alcohol, marijuana, etc.
- Couches or loveseats
- Furniture that is covered in pet hair
- Furniture with glass in it
- Outdoor furniture and equipment
- Wrap-around desks
- Exercise equipment
- Large appliances
The following organizations serve similar populations to The Gathering Place but are able to accept and distribute some items that are not within our capacity. (The items listed by each organization do not represent their complete needs, but rather the particularly relevant donations.)
ARC Thrift Stores—accepts children's clothing, books, toys, household items, and furniture
Denver Rescue Mission—accepts furniture, household and kitchen items, and some appliances
Dress for Success Denver—accepts business professional clothing, shoes, and accessories
Habitat for Humanity ReStore—accepts large furniture, household items, appliances, and tools
A Precious Child—accepts children's clothing, toys, children's books, strollers, and bikes
WeeCycle—accepts cribs, strollers, baby clothing, and toys
Drop Off a Donation
If you will need help unloading your car, please email us in advance to ensure someone will be available to assist you.
Our donation drop-off times are Monday-Friday from 9am-4:30pm, with the exception of Tuesdays when we close at 1:30pm. We are located at 1535 High Street, which is on the corner of High and Colfax. There is a carport on High Street on the same side (and right next to) the Sinclair gas station. Feel free to pull into the carport along the curb parallel to the building, which is our loading zone. You can bring your donation to the Welcome Desk, or someone at the desk can bring out a cart.
Please do not park in our handicapped parking space when you are making a donation.