About The Gathering Place
Founded in 1986, The Gathering Place is the only daytime drop-in center in metropolitan Denver that serves women, their children, and transgender individuals who are experiencing poverty, many of whom are also experiencing homelessness. While we refer to those we serve as "members," no fees are ever charged for programs or services.
We believe deeply in the power of our community and continually work to make it stronger. Our key values include recognizing individual strengths, building respect and trust, and offering unconditional acceptance.
We are a community of safety and hope where positive relationships, choice, and essential resources transform lives.
- 7,126 people visited 56,637 times
- 61,306 meals were served to 4,322 people
- 47,174 pounds of food; 2,008 toiletry bags; and 16,240 diapers were distributed
- 132 members studied in our adult education program and attended 1,279 times; 4 students earned high school equivalency certificates
- 985 members utilized the computer lab 5,187 times
- 401 members participated in our job readiness program 804 times
- 195 counseling sessions; 707 medical screenings; and one health fair were provided onsite
- 235 members participated in the arts program a total of 1,819 times
- The Card Project sales provided $23,287 in income for 96 participating artists
- Art Restart sales provided $2,850.76 in income for 18 participating artists
- Volunteers donated 15,000 hours to help operate our programs and services