About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place (TGP) offers services to combat poverty and address the impacts of marginalization and oppression that are often contributing factors to poverty or homelessness. By offering low-barrier access to a broad range of basic necessities and wrap-around care options, TGP guides women, transgender and non-binary individuals, and children living in poverty from a place of crisis and instability to one of stability and security. While we refer to those we serve as "members," no fees are ever charged for programs or services.
We believe deeply in the power of our community and continually work to strengthen it. Our key values include recognizing individual strengths, building respect and trust, and offering unconditional acceptance. We are not just a service organization; we are committed advocates for our members and promote social justice for every woman, child, and transgender individual in our community.
We are a community of safety and hope where positive relationships, choice, and essential resources transform lives.
Take A Virtual Tour
Take a virtual tour of our building here.
- In the calendar year 2022, TGP served 4,296 adults with 33,708 visits and 1,355 children with 4,025 visits.
- Through the kitchen and Betsy’s Cupboard, TGP’s food pantry, 118,755 meals were provided to adults and children.
- The Education and Job Readiness Program served 456 individuals through coaching, employment, resume, training and job-seeking services.
- The Physical and Mental Health Program served 582.
- TGP’s housing-focused Case Management program served 263 households.
- In 2022, 240 adults were sheltered at the Rodeway auxiliary emergency 24/7 shelter.