About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place (TGP) offers services to combat poverty and address the impacts of marginalization and oppression that are often contributing factors to poverty or homelessness. By offering low-barrier access to a broad range of basic necessities and wrap-around care options, TGP guides women, transgender folx and children living in poverty from a place of crisis and instability to one of stability and security. While we refer to those we serve as "members," no fees are ever charged for programs or services.
We believe deeply in the power of our community and continually work to make it stronger. Our key values include recognizing individual strengths, building respect and trust, and offering unconditional acceptance. We are not just a service organization; we are committed advocates for our members and promote social justice for every woman, child, and transgender individual in our community.
Support our work here. Or, learn more about the programs and services we offer by clicking here.
We are a community of safety and hope where positive relationships, choice, and essential resources transform lives.
Take A Virtual Tour
Take a virtual tour of our building here.
- In calendar year 2021, TGP served 3,561 adults with 30,818 visits and 912 children with 2,884 visits.
- Through the kitchen and Betsy’s Cupboard, TGP’s food pantry, 109,222 meals were provided to adults and children.
- The Education and Job Readiness Program served 264 individuals through coaching, employment, resume, training and job-seeking services.
- The Physical and Mental Health Program served 431.
- TGP’s housing-focused Case Management program served 140 households.
- Each night in 2021, about 105 adults were sheltered at the Rodeway auxiliary shelter.